Wetlands help us cope with extreme weather events
Between 2 February and 2 March 2017 young people from around the world aged between 18 to 25 are invited to particpate in the Wetlands Youth Photo Contest for a chance to win a free flight to visit a Wetland of International Importance (Ramsar Site) courtesy of Star Alliance Biosphere Connections.
Photo contest conditions
- The photograph(s) must be of any type of wetland that helps us cope with extreme weather events. The photograph(s) can relate to or illustrate wetland use, conservation and sustainable use.
- The photograph must be in digital format. Only photographs submitted online will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this Contest.
- All digital files must be in JPEG or JPG format, and with a maximum size of 5MB.
- The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Photographer.
- All Entries must be submitted and received by 2 March 2017 at 12.00 Midnight CET
- There is limit of three photographs per person. Read the full Participation Conditions
Olivier Robert is a Belgian Fine Art photographer based in Switzerland, Geneva. He started photography at the age of 15. He also discovered Asia 30 years ago. This intense experience has drastically affected his way of life and his vision of the world. In 1995, he graduated from the Institute of landscape architecture in Belgium. From then on, he has devoted his work almost exclusively to water in landscapes using mainly long exposures. The influence of the man-made objects over the waterscapes in an important feature of his work.
Vitalis Hirschmann grew up in Bern, Switzerland and moved to Lausanne for studies in Robotics. Today he is developing autonomous systems for remote tank monitoring.
Besides studies and work Vitalis was always active as freelance photographer. He loves to have a second view on his daily surroundings as well as telling visual stories about his hikes and backcountry camping in the Swiss Alps or abroad.Web: https://hirschmann.photography