PITCH FOR THE GRANT IN 2023
The Convention on Wetlands on World Wetlands Day 2023, themed "It's Time for Wetland Restoration "is inviting individuals, community organizations and social enterprises to submit pitches of project ideas or initiatives, which aim to contribute to healthy wetlands by either promoting conservation, restoration or improved management.
The winning project idea or initiative will receive EUR 10,000 provided by Danone.
ELIGIBLE IDEAS AND CRITERIA
Pitch for the Grant 2023, is seeking to support ideas or approaches of ongoing or planned initiatives anywhere in the world with demonstrated capacity to be applied and replicated in areas with similar characteristics.
Eligible ideas could include:
- Techniques for conservation, restoration and wise use of wetland ecosystems including their resources
- Community effort or engagement for a cause that benefits wetlands e.g designation as a protected site or wetland clean up exercise etc.
- Initiatives to support the creation of alternative livelihoods to reduce pressure on wetlands
- Initiatives or actions that will lead to the long-term protection and conservation of wetlands
- Research or academic project to increase knowledge and understanding about wetlands
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
Anyone 18 years and above can pitch for the grant either as individuals or as part of a community organization or social enterprise.
WHEN TO PARTICIPATE
Applications for Pitch for the Grant 2022 will open on:
2 February 2023 and close on 2 March 2023.